PLAIN ENGLISH PRIVACY OVERVIEW
For the Callhero app and getCallhero.com
Here is what most of you are here for:
- We won’t sell your data to any third party
- We won’t keep sensitive data on our servers
- We will be open and transparent about our business model and data usage as it relates to you.
This policy covers how Callhero treats your personal information it collects and receives. This includes information about you that is personally identifiable by itself or when combined with other information – such as your name, mailing address, email address, IP address, or phone number.
Callhero may require access to your phone’s contacts list. This isn’t a condition for using CallHero, and you may refuse access If you do not provide Callhero with access to your phone’s contacts list, CallHero will not be able to differentiate between unknown callers and your contacts. If you agree, We use this access locally on your device so that whenever your phone forwards a call we can check the number against your list to confirm instantly whether the caller should be sent to your Callhero assistant or should instead be blocked. Only the numbers in your contacts list will be saved on our servers. We do not use or store on our servers any other personal information about your contacts, such as name, photo, or email address. We treat the downloaded phone numbers as personal information covered by this policy.
You are under no legal obligation to furnish any information about you, and the furnishing thereof is at your discretion and at your own free will. However, if you do not furnish certain information about you, Callhero shall not be able to provide you with some of our services and/or products.
What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
Callhero collects personal information when you sign up and use the features and services provided by the product. When you register, we ask for your phone number and your carrier. Once you register with Callhero and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. Callhero also collects information about your transactions with us, including information about your use of our services. We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address and possibly Callhero cookie information, when you are using Callhero through your desktop, and your [IP address, location, app version, operating system, device model, device manufacture, device ID, install attribution, user behavior, user phone number, user gender, user mobile carrier, forwarded calls information], when you are using Callhero through your mobile device. Callhero uses the information for the following purposes, among others: to fulfill your requests for products and services, to improve our services, and to contact you. In addition, Callhero may use the information to perform and maintain various activities supporting the offering and provision of our products and services (such activities include, but are not limited to, back office functions, business development activities, strategic decision making and financing management), to protect our rights and interests and to our legal or regulatory requirements.
Sharing And/Or Disclosing Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our service offering. We share customer information only as described below. Callhero may disclose customers personal information in the following situations:
– The service providers that we use to provide the Callhero offering have access to some or all of the personal information in the course of providing services to us, but they cannot use the information for any other purpose and may not share it with any third parties, except for the purpose of such services.
– We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal requirements, or seek to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
– If we believe it is necessary to disclose such information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to physical safety of any person, or violations of Callhero’s user license.
– We may disclose the information to potential purchasers or investors of, or lenders to, Callhero and/or any company within the group of companies of which Callhero is a part, or in the event of any similar transaction (including the sale of assets or shares of Callhero and/or any company within the group of companies of which Callhero is a part) and/or in connection with any merger, reorganization, consolidation or bankruptcy of Callhero and/or any company within the group of companies of which Callhero is a part.
Transfer of data abroad
We may transfer information about you outside the jurisdiction which you are a resident of and store it in other jurisdictions and countries; the data protection and other laws of these jurisdictions or countries may not be as protective to information as those in the jurisdiction which you are resident – in these instances, Callhero will take steps to ensure that an appropriate level of protection is given to your information.
Callhero may set and access getCallhero.com cookies on your computer or equipment, which are small text files that are placed on your computer or equipment when you visit certain online pages, track your activities, record your preferences, and make Callhero more responsive to your needs by delivering a better and more personalized experience to you. The cookies are stored on your computer and/or other equipment and are used by Callhero to help track your clicks and pass information as you go through Callhero and can allow us to associate navigational information from browsing visits with information you provide via Callhero.
You can change the privacy settings in the browser that you use, delete the existing cookies, prevent the creation of cookies or click the setting that enables you to accept or deny the creation of a cookie every time that a cookie is detected. If you opt to not accept cookies and/or cancel your acceptance of cookies, you will be limiting your ability to enjoy all of the interactive features on Callhero.
Your Right To Edit And Delete Your Information
You can contact Callhero to ask us to edit or delete your Callhero personal information at any time if you have terminated your business relationship with us. In order to allow us to accommodate your request, you may be required to provide us with some information that shall allow us to locate the information that we hold about you
Callhero does not offer products or services for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults, although they may be used by children. If you are under 18, you may use the Callhero website or app only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Confidentiality And Security
Callhero is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.